The Bachelor Program in Smart Sustainable Development and Management (SSDM),
National Taipei University, Taiwan is now recruiting 2 contract-based full-time faculty members (assistant professor or above) to enhance the teaching quality of professional fields. Applicants shall have a background in at least one of the fields below: Sustainable Development/Smart Cities & Governance/Big Data
Analytics/Urban Analytics/Sustainable Finance & Management.
1. Deliver lectures in smart sustainable development and management related
2. Take part in academic research and publication.
3. Assist with administrative affairs such as recruitment and program evaluation.
4. Take part in student mentorship.
5. Take part in or assist with other matters required by SSDM.
Term of Employment:
The term of employment is handled in accordance with the Regulations Governing
the Recruitment of Contract-Based Teaching Staff of the University. In principle, the term commences from August 1, 2023.
January 31, 2023 (materials postmarked later than the submission deadline will not be accepted)
1. Has a PhD degree from a domestic or foreign university recognized by the
Ministry of Education
2. Be able to teach courses entirely in English
3. Be able to assist with recruitment, Program evaluation, and other
Sustainable Development/Smart Cities & Governance/Big Data Analytics/Urban
Analytics/Sustainable Finance & Management
Required Documents and Publications:
1. Application Form for New Contract-based Faculty Members: hard copy
(signed) and Word file.
2. Resume and autobiography: hard copy and Word file.
3. Course list to be taught (please provide 3 course syllabus listed in it):
hard copy and Word file.
4. The summary table of the bibliography of publications by faculty
members: hard copy and Word file.
5. Doctoral dissertation and one copy of reprints of all publications listed in
the aforementioned summary table (another 2 copies are required if the
applicant passes the preliminary review) (doctoral dissertation is not
required if the applicant is not applying for the position of Assistant
6. Photocopies of master's and doctoral diplomas or the degree certificate
issued by the university (institute) demonstrating that the applicant is
about to obtain a doctoral degree (the degree certificate shall specify the
name of the department [institution] awarding the degree and be signed
by the applicant's thesis advisor, and the applicant shall obtain the
doctoral diploma before registration) (if foreign academic credentials and
diplomas are not in Chinese, their Chinese translations verified by
Taiwan's overseas representative offices shall be submitted).
7. Photocopies of academic transcripts of master's and doctoral degrees
(included) (if foreign academic credentials and transcripts are not in
Chinese, their Chinese translations verified by Taiwan's overseas
representative offices shall be submitted).
8. Photocopies of certificates related to work experience (if the certificates
are not in Chinese, their Chinese translations verified by Taiwan's
overseas representative offices shall be submitted).
9. Personal entry and exit records certified by the National Immigration
Agency of the Ministry of the Interior (the records are not required if the
applicant who is not an overseas degree holder or who has already
obtained the MOE teacher certificate; foreigners who hold the academic
degree outside of their home country shall provide the relevant entry
and exit records issued by the authorities of their home country).
10. Form for Requesting Inspection of a Diploma Obtained Overseas for the
Purpose of Determining That the Holder is Qualified to Teach at the
Junior College Level or Above: hard copy and Word file. (the form is not
required if the applicant who is not an overseas degree holder or who
has already obtained the MOE teacher certificate).
11. Photocopies of the teacher certificate issued by the Ministry of
Education (not required if unavailable).
12. Two recommendation letters (phone number and email address of the
person who wrote the letter is required).
13. Photocopies of national ID card or passport (front and back).
14. Other supplemental documents that may facilitate the reviewing process
(e.g., photocopies of recent teaching evaluation results, licenses, or
※ If the applicant has already obtained the teacher certificate whose level
meets the required recruitment level, the following documents are not
required: the Chinese translations of foreign academic credentials
verified by Taiwan's overseas representative offices, the verified
transcripts of foreign academic credentials, personal entry and exit
records certified by the National Immigration Agency of the Ministry of
the Interior, and the Form for Requesting Inspection of a Diploma
Obtained Overseas for the Purpose of Determining That the Holder is
Qualified to Teach at the Junior College Level or Above.
※ All forms are available for download at
※ For items 1, 2, 3,4 and 10 listed in the box of Required Documents and
Publications, please email Word files in advance to
firstname.lastname@example.org (File Name/Subject: apply for the position of
SSDM contract-based faculty member_Name)
※ Please send application materials to the Office of Personnel of National
Taipei University at No. 151, Daxue Rd., Sanxia Dist., New Taipei City
23741 before January 31, 2023 (materials postmarked later than the
submission deadline will not be accepted) [Please specify "apply for the
position of SSDM contract-based faculty member" and the name of the
※ Only eligible candidates will be notified. (please specify in the letter and
include a return envelope if you would like your application materials to
No. 151, Daxue Rd., Sanxia Dist., New Taipei City, Taiwan R. O. C.
Contact: Ms. Chuang, Administrative Assistant
Publish Date：2022-11-24 00:00:00