Department of Life Sciences
The Department of Life Sciences is one of five academic departments of the National Science and Technology Council, Taiwan , ROC ., bears the following missions:
● To promote life sciences and technologies development in Taiwan.
● To support academic research of life sciences in Taiwan.
● To establish good life sciences research infrastructures as well as nurturing, training and recruitment of life sciences scientists.
◎ Domains of the Department of Life Sciences
- Biological Science:Botany, Zoology, Marine Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, etc.
- Agricultural Science: Agronomy, Horticulture, Forestry, Fishery, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Chemistry, Food Science, etc.
- Medical Science:
– Basic Medical Science: Anatomy, Physiology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology,Molecular Medicine, Epidemiology, etc.
– Clinical Medical Science: Internal Medicine, Surgery, Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Pediatrics, Dentistry, etc.
◎ The National Science and Technology Program
– National Research Program for Biopharmaceuticals